Sunday, March 2, 2014

1st form study

I'm now a convert to drawing/painting from life (even if it's still). Got myself a set of high-density foam basic forms and tonight did my first study of them - charcoal pencil aided and abetted by photoshop (because damn - drawing in smooth tone with charcoal pencil is impossible!!)


1st thing I learned, before I even started drawing, is that there's no such thing as a right or wrong way for a core shadow or reflected light to look. It depends entirely on surroundings. I held up 2 of the forms in the light and moved them around in relation to each other so one was reflecting into the shadow side of the other, and found I could completely change or utterly destroy the core shadow and change the bounce light drastically. Good to know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment