Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Silva


Dug this one out and decided to finish it. It was a real shock to the system after all that soft fuzzy stuff last time around. I started this one right after Charmaine using pretty much the same techniques - building everything up with very hard shapes and then softening strategically toward the end. Man, I wish I had recorded exactly how I did it - I actually don't remember it very well, though it seems pretty straightforward. I definitely think this approach is far superior to building the image up using huge soft brushes at low opacity and then trying to harden up certain edges later. That way is like sculpting with cotton candy and then trying to solidify parts of it - it's easy to get lost and end up with a formless lump of fluff. This way you keep things solid and clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment