Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Memento Mori - oh I am SO done with this one!!


I can't even tell you how freakin' DONE I am! What a nightmare - today when I'd put paint down over yesterday's paint and then try to blend, it would behave totally unpredictably - sometimes it would work fairly well, sometimes yesterday's paint would lift up instead, sometimes unexplainable dark areas would appear around the area.

I'm pretty sure it's because yesterday's paint is still wet - must be too dry to work into (tacky stage) but not dry enough to work OVER yet. That's it - Im scraping this damn paint off my palette and throwing it away - next time I go back to my more familiar alkyds that dry overnight. I suspect you can't really do an alla prima that stays workable for several days (at least not with the weird viscosity of paint I'm using).

No comments:

Post a Comment