Monday, June 18, 2018

Killed my tablet last night


Can't believe I did it!!! It's a bit of a complicated story, I won't lay the details on you, but just wanted to commemorate the date of my tablet's death here.


This piece was only about half done at the time, and I discovered something astonishing -- I can actually paint with a mouse now, and do some pretty decent wok that way! It's how I was working when I first dabbled in digital painting in 2004 (when I first joined ConceptArt), but back then it was like typing with boxing gloves on. Now I guess I've developed some digital dexterity, as well as a lot of knowledge of how to paint digitally.

But I can't do detail work that way, and it's pretty cumbersome. Looks like until I get a newer tablet with software that's fully compatible, I'll be working traditionally. Actually that's a good thing - I do want to do a lot of painting in gouache. And I suppose I can still go in at the end and do all the fixing and sweetening like I tend to do over my drawings and paintings before I post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment