Thursday, September 26, 2013

Spearpoint Diplomacy


Earlier tonight I put brilliant blue spots and stripes on the creature. It looked kinds neat, but totally didn't belong in any world with Fafhrd and the Mouser. So I stroked my bearded chin, pondered a moment, and thought about what kind of creature would fit better.

Of course - it HAD to be a rat! A mutant rat - some kind of sorcerer's apprentice like Slivikin, or similar to the upright-standing and clothes-wearing intelligent rats of Lankhmar Below. Rats feature quite prominently in Nehwon after all - being the natural enemy of a Mouser and also a sort of symbol of the filthy, decadent cities.

With only 4 days left till my self-imposed deadline, I was starting to stress over the fact that I wasn't making any progress at all on the creature - I was afraid I wouldn't be able to pull it off at all. And now in a matter of a few hours I nearly finished him! Still some detailing needed here and there - mostly on the bluffs, a little more work on Fafhrd's hair, got to move one of the eyes so he's not wall-eyed anymore, and paint in a hand behind his head. But now I'm not stressing anymore - I feel like I got this one in the bag.


Did some detailing, mostly on the big bluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment