Monday, July 21, 2014

Conan









Tonight I suddenly decided I've been doing what I've been doing long enough. Basically that was just to get used to digital/painting/color/ and to build up my visual library and consolidate my understanding of anatomy by working from reference. The 3 imagination pieces I've done are really weak, not at all like heroic fantasy art! I've really had something like this in mind since I did the Frazetta piece recently, studying the way he works and slowly absorbing it. He paints like a comic book artist (not surprising, since that's what he was).

I did a bunch of sketches working out a pose, and after I found a decent one I had to draw it several more times until I was happy with it. I really need to work on my techniques for constructive drawing/painting!! So that's my course now for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment