Saturday, April 20, 2013

Full canvas revealed at last! plus New simplified background


Made a drastic decision concerning the background - the X shape behind him was very distracting and unnecessary - all attention would be on him regardless. I was really unsure as I did this, but I like it - in fact it looks very Frazetta-esque. Now I can really see the left half as a back cover, and the little rock spur on the right is suggesting a story for the front cover.

Lol his head looks really stupid now - seems too small and I finally faced the fact that it needs to be completely redrawn. So does his entire abdomen/pelvis - I might need to temporarily extend the canvas downward far enough to sketch in his legs so I can figure out the pelvis form.

Really digging' the new simplicity! I'll probably airbrush in some lighter purple here and there just to break up the flat solidity of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment