Saturday, December 22, 2012

Problems with the fountain pen - ALREADY!!


Started having a lot of trouble with the fountain pen - maybe because it was running out of ink (it also had a huge air bubble in it)? Not sure why really - I switched to Higgins Sepia Calligraphy ink after washing it out with a lot of water. Seems to be working a little better, but still not up to 100%.

Really working on shading to develop proper form here. Experimented with devloping the drawings a little farther with aquarelles and conte pencils, with a Cray-Pas highlight on the sphere. Strangely, I can't draw at all over sanguine conte, but over white it suddenly shows up really well - and I can draw slightly over bistre. Once I've put down the waxy aquarelles I can't go over them with anything.

Anyway, I hope I get the pen working again - it was not cheap at all, and I really want it to work like it did on the 1st page (part of it anyway).

Just to detail what I'm trying - here's a page I found with instructions on how to troubleshoot a fountain pen: http://www.rickconner.net/penspotters/troubleshooting.html

No comments:

Post a Comment