Saturday, December 22, 2012

My $85 wash brush nestled in it's little case



It was almost a Windsor & Newton Series 7 - that most famed of brushes for watercolor and ink use - but just too expensive - so instead I went with a DaVinci #10 pointed watercolor round in Siberian Kolinski sable.

I was surprised when I opened the package to find a tiny bar of perfumed soap and a little towel for washing this brush!! And also the nice touch of twin brush rests to hold it off the bottom - I didn't appreciate the value of those until the 1st time I washed it (right there in the box, by simply getting it wet and scrubbing it gently against the little bar of soap) and I realized it holds the brush in the perfect position for drying - and not only that, but you can close the outer box most of the way for protection and still let air get to the bristles. It's actually sort of ingenius.

No comments:

Post a Comment