Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Documenting the process - working out the pose for 2nd figure


Now I knew where I wanted to put him and decided he'd be crouching rather than sitting - I want him to look active and athletic. So I deleted the colorforms layer and roughed in a sketch. It's still tentative at this point - I'm trying it out and seeing what needs changing.



Here I had flattened the sketch and the grey blob layer and just started painting right onto it. That's necessary before you can start cutting it up and moving parts around.





Wow, that white was hurting my eyes! A neutral color is so much nicer to work over. It's a separate layer that'll be deleted once it's served it's purpose.





Most of the re-adjustments were done using photoshop's Free Transform and Distort tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment