Tuesday, September 18, 2018

New Intuos tablet has arrived

I've hardly drawn anything for the last month, but here's what I got...


Decided to add a face to this drawing from last post. I couldn't find the original picture, so I used a different one of the same person and modified it to work. She was facing the other way and I had to invent lighting from a different angle, which was fun and actually not too hard when working from a picture. I could have flipped the image and copied it pretty much exactly, but instead I just imagined what it would look like flipped and painted that. I think it resulted in a much better piece -- rather than patching on a head at the wrong angle I was able to creatively merge it all together. I like working this way, I think I'll do it some more.

I should add, I got myself a new Intuos tablet and that's how I did the face. Man, it's so nice actually being able to access the control panel and adjust things like pressure sensitivity and line taper. I lost the ability to do that with my old tablet after upgrading the computer a few years back, but as long as I remembered to never update the driver, I could at least still paint using the last settings I had put on it. Then one day I forgot and decided I was going to check for new drivers... that's what killed the old tablet. As soon as I got that new driver installed it went completely haywire and spazzed out! Couldn't make a coherent mark with it anymore!! It's because it was a pretty old tablet and the newer Mac operating system no longer supported the Wacom drivers for it. So I just had to shell out and get myself a new one. Now I'm up and rolling again, and it feels good!! Complete control once again... AAAHHH!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment