Sunday, October 1, 2017

Incoming books slowing to a trickle now


I'm glad it's slowing down - no way could I keep up with it otherwise!! And of course this stack is long term - it' gonna take me at least a year if not more to read them all. My plan is to spend a month or 2 reading, then when I get burned out on this stuff take some time off and get back to it when I feel the urge. That way I'll keep refreshing my interest and my understanding - it's designed to make me really absorb and learn this stuff.

The Aion book is not really new - I ought it in the early 90's when I first started to get interested in the more intellectual pursuits but I never got past the introduction. I think it was too complicated for me to understand at the time, but now I have a pretty solid grounding in Jung's theories and how it all works. Now I'm not having any trouble at all with it. And it's one of his best that I've read so far - it lays out clearly what the main archetypes are - the Shadow the Anima/Animus and the Self. These are the keys to Individuation.

And I'm really loving all the Qabala/Tarot stuff! I got the laminated poster as a study guide as I learn all the Sephiroth - the spheres on the Tree of Life diagram. Interestingly, Sephirot (the singular) is the Jewish root for our word Sphere.

I've already finished The Spoken Qabala - amazing book. I'm now working on all the others seen here - Edith Hamilton's Mythology that tells the most well known and a few lesser known of the Greek and Roman classical myths, Paul Foster Case's Tarot: A Key to the Wisdom of the Ages, and Aion, along with the companion book Edinger's Aion Lectures, which explicates it so we mere mortals can comprehend Jung's meanings.

Kindle purchases:

No comments:

Post a Comment