Thursday, March 20, 2014

1st page of Bridgman sketches

Busted out an 8.5 x 5 Moleskine and my nifty new Staedtler 2mm lead holder with 4B lead (which makes drawing really fun!) and cracked open Bridgman. From what I understand, the way to really use his books is to copy out every drawing… not sure I'll go to quite THAT extent (but I have already learned his name doesn't include an E like I did here.. )


Still rebelling against drawfromtheshoulder - even used full writing grip here (ya kinda have to in such a small journal). Feels good, though now I dislike the slim airbrushy look of today's torso study (couple posts ago). I greatly prefer the more open, linear quality of the head studies down from the shoulder. I think I'll gravitate to a hybrid approach. I just dislike the sloppy inaccuracy of using my entire arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment